Hello all! I’m grateful for all the opportunities my clients have given me over the years to tape and broadcast their games. Recently LSP’s profile has grown substantially, with four of its largest broadcast audiences coming in the past month-plus. With those increased audience numbers comes the potential to draw in more advertising revenue, from the business I pitch to, to the participating schools that buy ads on their broadcasts, to Google Ads. Now it’s time to give back.
Beginning January 1, 2016, LSP will donate a portion of its advertising revenue to a different charity, cause, or organization each month. All of these causes are near and dear to my heart. Most month’s charities tie into that month’s coverage, events in my life, or other happenings in that month.
Here’s the 2016 rotation:
- January: Bruce Lerch Memorial Scholarship Fund
- February: American Cancer Society
- March: Buddy Dog Humane Society
- April: Cary Memorial Library
- May: New England Center and Home for Veterans
- June: The ALS Association
- July: Pete Frates ALS Research and Support Fund
- August: Pete Frates #3 Fund
- September: Asperger/Autism Network
- October: Lustgarten Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- November: Greater Boston Food Bank
- December: Northeast Animal Shelter
Let’s keep the audiences up in 2016 and bring more money to these great causes. Remember, the broadcasts resume January 8 with Wheeler vs. St. George’s in NEPSAC boys’ basketball action.
Oh, and I almost forgot… The Hoop Mountain Mass Arc Challenge at TD Garden on January 18th IS NOW A QUADRUPLEHEADER! Thayer boys’ and girls’ basketball have been added to the mix. That means four games in one day from TD Garden for the second consecutive year!
As always, thanks for tuning in!